1967 MERCEDES 280 SE
This Mercedes 280 SE is European model. Car is Matching numbers and it is Vin number 60.
Originally, the car was DB 180 with red leather interior (see Data Card).
The car had the same owner since 1974.
The transmission was converted from manual at the dealership in Germany.
Engine and transmission are strong.
Parchment leather interior and carpet are new.
The Mercedes-Benz W111 was a chassis code given to a range of Mercedes’ vehicles produced between 1959 and 1971, including four-door sedans (1959-1968) and two-door coupés and cabriolets (1961 to 1971).
Design of a replacement for the two-door Pontons began in 1957.
Since most of the chassis and drivetrain were to be unified with the sedan, the scope was focused on the exterior styling.
Some of the mockups and prototypes show that Mercedes-Benz attempted to give the two-door car a front styling almost identical to what would be realised in the Pagoda roadster, but ultimately favoured the work of engineer Paul Bracq.
The rear featured small tailfins, subtle compared to the fintails’ and evocative of the later squarish styling of the W108/W109.
In November 1967 the 250 SE was superseded by the 280 SE.
It was powered by the new 2778 cc M130 engine, which produced 160 hp (120 kW) at 5500 rpm.
Top speed was hardly affected, but acceleration improved to 10.5 seconds (13 with automatic).
Inside the car received a wood veneer option on the dashboard and other minor changes, including door lock buttons and different heater levers.
The hubcaps were changed yet again to a new one piece wheelcover, and the exterior mirror was changed. [WIKIPEDIA]