1963 MERCEDES 190SL (W121)
The icon 190SL of Palm Beach Classics and by far the best restoration we have completed.
The history is amazing…
Purchased with a few miles in 1964, by Mr. Kenny. In 1966 he received his Navy commission and drove the car to the base in California. After completing the Navy school Mr. Kenny received orders to report to the naval base in Yokosuka, Japan and the car was shipped with him to Japan. In 1969 the car was shipped back to the US (Charleston, SC) and kept in the same family until 2014. Palm Beach Classics, purchased the 1963 Mercedes-Benz 190SL then sold it to the client that has contracted us to fully restore the car. It took about 2 years to complete the project with 100’s of photos and in excess of $150,000 in the restoration.
This 190SL has received many awards including awards from Mercedes-Benz, and has been documented with many articles and editorials. Most impressive it was awarded BEST OF SHOW and received 1st Place from Paolo Pininfarina in person.
This MATCHING NUMBERS 1963 190SL comes with a clear Florida title, a panoramic window hard top, a set of custom fitted luggage, original books, data card and tools.
FULLY RESTORED, taken to the bare metal, all original panels, matching numbers, rebuild engine by Metrics, rebuild solex carburetors by Kienle (Germany), rebuild transmission by Palm Beach Classics, all new brakes, all new fuel lines and fuel hoses, complete body work by Palm Beach Classics including paint, and upholstery with the correct 2050 red German leather, correct squareweave carpet, German canvas soft top, etc… Too much to list. We encourage you to have the car inspected.
** ADDITIONAL PHOTOS WITH MORE DETAILS WILL BE ADDED SOON.
FROM THE INTERNET:
The Mercedes 190SL was officially introduced at the 1954 New York Auto Show.
According to factory figures, 25,881 190SL’s were produced from 1955 to 1963. Production peaked in 1956 at 4,032 cars and 1963 saw the least number produced, 104. About 50 percent of the total number of 190SL’s produced are estimated to survive, and restoration promises to preserve them.
The Mercedes-Benz 190 SL (W121) is a two-door super luxury roadster produced by Mercedes-Benz between May 1955 and February 1963. Internally referred to as W121, it was first shown in prototype at the 1954 New York Auto Show, and was available with an optional removable hardtop. [Wikipedia]